Longridge Olives Extra Virgin Olive Oil is made from perfect olives, that are carefully harvested and gently squeezed within 24 hours to create the most deliciously, healthy and tasty product that has a multitude of use.
Our Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a 100% authentic Australian product that complies with AS 5264-2011 (Australian Standard for Olive Oils and Olive Pomace Oils) and with the Australian Olive Association’s, Code of Practice.
For an oil to be classified as Extra Virgin in needs to have a FFA (free fatty acid) level less than 0.8%, a PV (peroxide value) of less than 20 and be organoleptically (taste) free of defects. Longridge EVOO has a FFALongridge Extra Virgin Olive Oil easily meets these standards.
How it helps your health
Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil is the most beneficial oil for your health. When eaten as part of a healthy diet, it can help prevent cardiovascular disease, cancer, ageing and diabetes. It’s good for your hair, your skin, and your immune system, and what’s more it can act as a natural anti-ageing product, boosting the body’s anti-inflammatory mechanisms.
Why is it so good?
Longridge Olives Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a natural oil squeezed from quality olives pressed quickly within hours of harvest which ensures the best
taste, the tastiest flavour and the finest aroma. And like fine wine, good extra virgin olive oil has the distinctive flavours and aromas of
the region in which it’s grown. If the olive oil gets from the tree to your table quickly, it’s healthiest and freshest. And FRESHER TASTES BETTER!
What’s in it?
Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a rich source of polyphenols and valuable antioxidants not found in other oils that help lower bad cholesterol and maintain good cholesterol. It is one of the principal sources of monounsaturated fat, the good fat, which helps reduce
the risk of heart and cardiovascular disease by lowering the levels of artery-clogging lipids in the blood.
- It has a lowering effect on blood pressure
- It’s beneficial during pregnancy and whilst breast feeding, passing on nutrients to the baby
- It helps to prevent or delay the onset of diabetes
- Olive oil-rich diets can assist with greater and long lasting weight loss than a low-fat diet
- It’s beneficial for the stomach, pancreas and intestines, keeping everything lubricated and flowing nicely
- It helps ward off osteoporosis
- It may help bolster the immune system
- It contains a protective element which may assist against certain malignant tumours in the breast, prostate, endometrium and
- digestive tract
- It can make you beautiful – the antioxidants and anti-inflammatories present in EVOO can reduce the day to day effects of aging
- A diet rich in fresh, good quality extra virgin olive oil can make your skin glow and hair shine.
Your guarantee of authenticity
Our Longridge Olives Extra Virgin Olive Oil complies with Australian Standards (AS 5264-2011) and the Olive Industry’s Code of Practice. This symbol is your guarantee of authenticity and quality and distinguishes excellent oils from other products.
To maintain a high standard of quality, certification is the required step and to be certified, products must have undergone organoleptic and laboratory testing, and be Australian.